Want to provide your students with an exciting storytelling experience that supports the curriculum?
Looking for creative ways to address bullying and encourage understanding and inclusion?
Want to provide a joyful interactive storytelling experience?
Book Natalie Daise for a school performance or residency!
Performances and Presentations
• Comeyah Tales: Stories and songs celebrating the history and culture of coastal South Carolina. Easily adapted for all ages. Interactive performance for K – 12
• Becoming Harriet Tubman: The 60 minute theatrical storytelling presentation allows the audience to follow the development of little Araminta Ross as she becomes the iconic heroine known to all as Harriet Tubman. Five characters, all played by Natalie Daise, share their perspective on the events that shaped Harriet into the woman she became. Coded message songs, as well as a haunting melody by Kim and Reggie Harris, add texture to her unique and uplifting story. Appropriate for grades 4 – 12
• An Introduction to Gullah Culture: A journey through the stories, songs, language, history and culture of the Gullah community. Interactive presentation appropriate for grades 4 – 12
• We Are Our Stories: Understanding diversity, celebrating inclusion and breaking down barriers through our personal tales. Interactive storytelling workshop in which students develop empathy and respect for others by telling personal and traditional stories from another’s perspective. Appropriate for grades 6 – 12
• Storytelling 101: How to tell a story to bring history alive, become more confident, educate others, and entertain friends and strangers!
One Day Residencies: Up to 3 sessions to include any combination of: 1 to 3 performances, question and answer sessions, classroom visits and interactive demonstration
One Week Residencies: Up to 3 sessions a day to include: performance and student storytelling workshops, culminating in a student storytelling presentation.